Apply Today: COWS is looking for a Financial and Office Manager!
COWS is seeking a Financial and Office Manager to help lead grant, budgeting, and financial management, as well as office administration. This position supports a staff of 12 plus a rotating team of undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students. The successful candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, willing and ready to take initiative, and shares our commitment to high-road principles. Apply here.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of office management, accounting, and/or administrative experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of professional accounting.
- Knowledge and interpretation of, or ability to learn, UW-Madison’s policies and procedures for pre- and post-award grant management, purchasing, contracts, and other administrative functions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with diverse faculty, affiliates, staff, and students, and University and College administration.
- Ability to remain highly organized, attend to detail, and manage a wide variety of diverse tasks.
- Ability to engage in independent and creative problem solving.
As a center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, COWS provides staff with an excellent benefits and vacation package. Salary minimum is $45,643, depending on qualifications.
Deadline extended! Friday, February 26
Learn more and apply here.
We welcome interested undergraduate and graduate students to send resume with letter & references on an ongoing basis for one of our part-time student hourly positions (10-20 hours/week, or more as needed). Student hourlies provide research, writing, and administrative support, with the opportunity to work on additional projects as available. These duties may include data entry, phone calls to event invitees, or other administrative tasks.
Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Experience with mail merge a plus. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, InDesign, and/or other web and design software desirable (but not required). A pleasant, professional attitude, flexible schedule, and positive work ethic needed. Must learn quickly, have some experience doing administrative work in an office environment, and be responsible and able to work independently. Students can generally pick their own schedule to work around classes as needed, but they must be during regular business hours (between ~9am – 5pm).
Candidates must be enrolled students at a secondary educational institution (not just UW-Madison). Please send resume, letter, and two references to Michelle Bright for consideration.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Based at the University of Wisconsin, we believe that diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals. The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background – people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.